Sunday, January 26, 2020

Gluten Free Monster Cookies

From a patron at the Mt. Royal Library

1 1/2 C peanut butter (I use creamy)
1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
1 stick butter, softened

Mix

then add:
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla

Next add & mix
4 1/2 C quick cooking oatmeal (my old fashioned oats worked fine)
2 tsp baking soda

Stir In
1 C M&Ms
1 C choc chips (optional)

Drop in small mounds to make medium sized cookies. Bake at 350 on a greased cookie sheet (who does this??) or parchment paper for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on a cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

Editor's Note: I did not have M&M's so used a cup of butterscotch chips & a cup of chocolate chips. Next time I think I would do 1/2 cup of each...I also would maybe reduce the amount of sugar (2 cups!!) but I don't know how that would affect the texture. Since there's not many other ingredients (ie: flour) I didn't want to muck it up my first time making them.

They are chewy & delicious!


1 comment: