Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Macaroni & Beef

From my Mom (modified by me)

1lb gr beef
2-3 cups macaroni noodles
1 med onion chopped
1-2 cups corn (frozen or canned, drained)
1 24oz jar spaghetti sauce
1-2 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cook macaroni noodles according to package directions. Brown ground beef with onion. Stir noodles, ground beef, spaghetti sauce & corn together. Add cheese & stir til melted.


Clearly not the Eastern European definition of "Goulash" but this was sort of what we called goulash in our house growing up. I like it better this way. My Mom's recipe was for slightly larger quantities made in a slow cooker with additions like mushrooms, but I just used what I had on hand. Oh and I added cheese. Because I love cheese. My kids probably won't eat it anyway. *sigh* Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I decided to make this tonight while waiting on the Creamy Chicken Italiano which will be eaten tomorrow I think now (still cooking). I associate macaroni and beef with childhood comfort food - something we would have had as a casserole in Nebraska when I was young. I thought this tasted very yummy and don't plan to search for another Mac and Beef recipe. - "not bad" from my son who has never been effusive.

    ReplyDelete