Monday, March 8, 2010

Swiss Vegetable Medley

From "A Dish to Pass" - the First United Methodist Church, Austin, MN cookbook from 1993

1 16oz bag frozen broccoli, carrots & cauliflower - thawed & drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 C. shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 C. sour cream
1/4 tsp pepper
1 jar (4oz) chopped pimento, drained (optional)
1 can french fried onions

Combine vegetables, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, pepper & pimento & 1/2 can onions. Pour into 1-quart casserole. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with remaining cheese & onions. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer

**Who still uses pimentos? Blech!**

2 comments:

  1. The swiss cheese didn't get stringy? Cheesy (not) green bean casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it didn't get stringy - I think my Mom introduced this recipe to me at Thanksgiving as an alternative to the green bean casserole (which I admit, I love dearly!)

    ReplyDelete