Friday, March 5, 2010

Hashed Brussel Sprouts

From my Mother-in-Law, via her sister, via a restaurant on Longboat Key in Florida....

Hashed Brussel Sprouts

2 oz olive oil
1 lb Brussels sprouts shredded
1 tsp poppy seeds
½ of a lemon
1 Tbsp roasted garlic puree
2 Tbsp butter
Kosher salt and pepper

In a sauté pan on high heat, add olive oil and when it starts to smoke add the sprouts, toss in pan to start browning, add the poppy seeds, salt and pepper, butter, lemon juice, and roasted garlic. Serve immediately.

**I finally used the shredder attachment on my food processor - boy was that fun! :) I didn't measure how many sprouts I used...I just used what I had purchased from the store. I also didn't have the lemon, so skipped that. Instead of the roasted garlic puree, I minced & sauteed the garlic beforehand (Cub was out of the puree & I was too lazy/busy to roast & puree my own!). The poppy seeds give this a nice nutty flavor. Steve really loved this recipe. It was one he told me to "write down" which is a good sign!

1 comment: