Monday, April 5, 2010

Carrie's 6th Grade Popovers

From my 6th grade Home Ec class, courtesy of Miss Winslow

3 eggs
1 C. milk
3 T. oil
1 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

1. Preheat oven to 400. Heavily grease 6 small custard cups [I use a regular muffin tin these days].

2. Stir eggs, milk & oil together with a fork in a medium bowl.

3. Stir in flour & salt & beat the combined mixture just until smoth with a rotary beater.

4. Pour batter into greased cups that are spaced far apart on a cookie sheet or large pan.

5. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until deep golden brown in a hot oven [isn't 'hot oven' a given?]

6. As soon as pan is removed from oven, jab a hold in the raised popover to let the steam escape.

7. Serve hot with butter (popovers should be crisp on the outside but soft on the inside!)

3 comments:

  1. Does it surprise you that I was JUST THINKING ABOUT HOME EC POPOVERS?????? And wondering where in the heck I was going to find a recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try yours. I'm OBSESSED with the fact that my Betty Crocker recipe will NOT pop. Grrr! I feel like maybe Miss Winslow has the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - Kate that's hilarious! I am at your service. These are so Pop-o-riffic - I just always have a hard time of getting them out of my pan. I must not grease the pan liberally enough!

    ReplyDelete