Saturday, June 18, 2011

Black Bean & Brown Rice Soup

From my iFood Assistant App

Ingredients:
2 - 15oz cans black beans, undrained, divided
3 cups water (I use chicken broth)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1- 7oz envelope Italian dressing mix
1 1/2 instant brown rice, uncooked (I just cook up some regular brown rice)

I also add in some ground cumin to taste. It gives a bit more punch to the flavor.

I also like to add a 1/2 can or so of green chiles & dollop sour cream on top when serving. Oh! And some shredded sharp cheddar too. Yum!

Blend 1 1/2 cans beans in blender til smooth.

Pour into large saucepan.

Add remaining beans, water, onions & dressing mix. Stir until well blended.

Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.

Stir in rice; cover.

Simmer on low heat 5 min or until heated through; stir.

I add in the green chiles at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment